During Market hours Yesterday — (Thursday – 07.10.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 1%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) also jumped 0.8% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) rose 0.9%.
- Freeport-McMoRan (Symbol: FCX) — The mining company’s shares were more than 8% higher and were the biggest gainers in the S&P 500. The stock’s jump comes amid a broad market rally Thursday and a pop in copper prices.
- Penn National Gaming (Symbol: PENN) — Shares of the casino and sports betting company jumped almost 5% after Canadian regulators approved its acquisition of sports media company TheScore. The deal is expected to close on Oct. 19, the companies said.
- Levi Strauss & Co (Symbol: LEVI) — Shares of the denim maker jumped 8.4% after the company’s blowout earnings report. Levi’s posted earnings of 48 cents per share during its fiscal third quarter, compared to 37 cents expected by Refinitiv. Revenue also topped analysts’ expectations as consumer demand picked up during the back-to-school season and shoppers looked to stock up on the latest denim trends.
- Lamb Weston (Symbol: LW) — The frozen potato company saw shares sink more than 6% after it reported its quarterly results. Lamb Weston recorded a loss of 20 cents per share, which is greater than the 38 cents per share loss estimated by analysts, according to Refinitiv. The company also missed on revenue estimates.
- Tilray (Symbol: TLRY) — Tilray shares jumped over 1% after the Canadian cannabis producer’s quarterly earnings of 8 cents per share matched Wall Street expectations, according to Refinitiv. Revenue gained 43% from a year prior.
- Helen of Troy (Symbol: HELE) — The maker of houseware and health care products added nearly 6% after reporting quarterly adjusted earnings of $2.65 per share, beating estimates. Revenue also came in above analysts’ forecasts.
- Twitter (Symbol: TWTR) — The social media company’s shares added 4.3% after it announced plans late Wednesday to sell its MoPub mobile advertising network to mobile game developer AppLovin for $1.05 billion in cash. Twitter bought MoPub for a reported $350 million in September 2013.
- Healthcare Trust of America (Symbol: HTA) — Shares of Healthcare Trust jumped 2.9% after Bloomberg reported that activist investor Elliott Management is pushing for a strategic review that could result in a sale of the real estate investment trust.
- Rocket Lab USA (Symbol: RKLB) — Shares of the space company gained 10% after announcing on Wednesday it won a NASA contract to launch an Advanced Composite Solar Sail System, which will launch as part of a rideshare mission scheduled for lift-off in mid-2022.
During Premarket hours today – (Friday – 08.10.2021):
- Allogene Therapeutics (Symbol: ALLO) – The drug maker’s shares tumbled 38.4% in the premarket after the FDA placed a hold on the company’s cancer drug trials due to a chromosomal abnormality in a single patient. The hold will be in place until an investigation is completed.
- Accolade (Symbol: ACCD) – Accolade reported a quarterly loss of 97 cents per share, wider than the 56-cent loss anticipated by Wall Street analysts, although the provider of health care benefit solutions did see revenue top estimates. Its guidance indicates a similar trend for the current quarter, projecting a slightly wider-than-expected loss and better-than-anticipated revenue.
- Vaxart (Symbol: VXRT) – Vaxart shares surged 8.5% in the premarket on upbeat test results involving its oral Covid-19 vaccine candidate. The biopharmaceutical company said the vaccine may reduce airborne transmission of the virus and induce a robust immune response.
- Momentive Global (Symbol: MNTV) – The owner of SurveyMonkey is exploring a potential sale, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke to Bloomberg. The talks are in an early stage and Momentive could decide to remain independent. The stock surged 10.9% in premarket action.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.