During Market hours yesterday — Thursday (19.11.2020):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.2%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) popped 0.4% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) raised 0.8%.
- L Brands (Symbol: LB) Shares of the parent company of Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works rallied more than 17% after posting blowout quarterly results. The company reported earnings of $1.13 per share, topping estimates of 9 cents per share, according to Refinitiv. Revenue came in at $3.06 billion, higher than the forecast $2.67 billion. Bath & Body Works same-store sales rose 56%.
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) Shares of the electric vehicle company jumped more than 2% amid continued momentum after S&P Dow Jones Indices announced on Monday night that Tesla will join the S&P 500 in December. Earlier in the session Tesla hit a new all-time high of $508.61.
- Sonos (Symbol: SONO) Shares of Sonos surged more than 29% after the company reported stronger-than-expected results for its fiscal fourth quarter. The company reported 15 cents in earnings per share, while analysts surveyed by FactSet expected 2 cents in earnings per share. Revenue came in at $339.8 million, also topping expectations of $298.7 million. Sonos said that its direct-to-consumer revenue was up 67% year over year.
- Jack in the Box (Symbol: JACK) The restaurant stock rose 4.8% on Thursday after the company beat Wall Street expectations for its fiscal fourth quarter. Jack in the Box reported $255.4 million in revenue, $6.2 million higher than what analysts surveyed by FactSet expected. The company’s operating earnings per share also topped estimates, and Jack in the Box said restaurant traffic improved quarter over quarter.
- Nuance Communications (Symbol: NUAN) The health software stock surged 17% on the heels of a better-than-expected report for Nuance’s fiscal fourth quarter. The company earned 18 cents per share and $352.9 million in adjusted revenue. Analysts from FactSet were expecting 16 cents per share and $345.9 million in adjusted revenue. Nuance also announced deal to sell off two of its health tech businesses.
During Premarket hours today – Friday (20.11.2020):
- Foot Locker (Symbol: FL) Foot Locker earned $1.21 per share for its latest quarter, compared to a consensus estimate of 63 cents a share. Revenue beat estimates as well, while same-store sales rose 7.7%.
- Hibbett Sports (Symbol: HIBB) The athletic footwear and apparel retailer posted quarterly earnings of $1.47 per share, more than triple the consensus estimate of 45 cents per share. Revenue also exceeded forecasts, with a same-store sales increase of 21%.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.