During Market hours on Yesterday (Monday – 14.11.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went down -0.60%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) lost -0.85%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) fell -0.88%.
- Oatly (Symbol: OTLY) – Shares of the oat-based drinks maker tumbled -12.65% after the company reported a larger-than-expected quarterly loss and revenue that fell short of consensus. Oatly cited China Covid restrictions, production challenges and a stronger U.S. dollar for the weakness in its performance.
- Amazon (Symbol: AMZN) – Amazon fell -2.28% following a report that it plans to lay off about 10,000 employees as soon as this week. The cuts would be the largest in the company’s history, and would primarily affect Amazon’s devices organization, retail division and human resources, according to The New York Times.
- Hasbro (Symbol: HAS) – Shares dropped -9.86% after Bank of America said the toy company was harming one of its best brands, the “Magic: The Gathering” card game. The firm noted the company was rolling out too many new card sets and raising production too much in an attempt to capitalize on demand, but it’s turning off retailers and consumers.
- Moderna (Symbol: MRNA) – Shares of the drugmaker jumped +4.57% after the company said its new booster triggered five times more antibodies against omicron BA.5 than the old vaccines in people with prior Covid infections. The stock is still down nearly 28% this year after a 143% rally in 2021 and a 434% advance in 2020.
- JD.com (Symbol: JD), Baidu (Symbol: BIDU) – Chinese company stocks JD.com and Baidu surged +3.92% and +2.22% respectively as China’s Hang Seng index ripped 1.7% higher on positive news concerning Covid and the country’s property sector, which is in debt.
During Premarket hours today (Tuesday – 15.11.2022):
- Walmart (Symbol: WMT) – Walmart shares surged +6.9% in the premarket after the retailer reported better-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue, and also saw comparable store sales exceed estimates. Walmart also announced a $20 billion share repurchase program.
- Vodafone (Symbol: VOD) – Vodafone slid -4.1% in premarket trading after the mobile operator cut its earnings guidance and cash flow forecast, pointing to a challenging economic environment.
- Getty Images (Symbol: GETY) – Getty Images slumped -11.8% in the premarket after its quarterly revenue fell short of Wall Street forecasts, although the visual content marketplace operator did see earnings top consensus.
- Energizer Holdings (Symbol: ENR) – The maker of Energizer and Rayovac batteries saw its stock surge +10% in premarket action following better-than-expected quarterly results. Energizer’s results came despite what the company calls a volatile operating environment with significant headwinds.
- Taiwan Semiconductor (Symbol: TSM) – Taiwan Semiconductor rallied +10.9% in off-hours trading after Berkshire Hathaway (BRKb) disclosed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that it had bought more than $4.1 billion of the chip maker’s stock during the third quarter.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.